QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,用微信登录

搜索
查看: 2783|回复: 0

MASTERING MIND AND MATTER - Keys to the Ultimate Freedom

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-4-23 12:09:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Our subject is Happiness. We say that when understood, Happiness and all the following - God, Realization, Wisdom, Understanding - become the same; that the Happiness that we're seeking is only the real infinite Being that each one is. And when we recognize this, we then attempt to discover this inner Being that we are more and more, until we see it completely, totally and only. And when we do, the ultimate Happiness is established permanently, forever. And with it goes immortality, unlimitedness, imperturbable peace, total freedom and everything that everyone is seeking.

The way to this inner Being that we are, is to direct our attention inward. We first focus the mind back upon the mind until we discover what mind is. We then focus our attention on our Self to discover our real nature. And it turns out that our real nature, the infinite real Self that we are, is simply we minus the mind; that the mind was a limiting adjunct covering our Beingness; that all thoughts have limitation (and we develop millions of thoughts of limitation) which prevent us from seeing this infinite Being that we are; and that by turning our attention inward we discover all this. When we do, we naturally let go of all these limitations. Then we see that we have always been, are now, and always will be, this unlimited Being.

The prime obstacle that we meet is the subconscious mind. It is full of thoughts of limitations that propel us every day, automatically. And we have made these habits of subconscious thoughts so strong that even when we recognize the direction we would like to go in, the subconscious thoughts keep directing us for quite sometime (even lifetimes) until we finally succeed in over coming them. We overcome them with thoughts of what we really want to do in life, and in that way become matter over the mind, controlling the thoughts until only the thoughts we want determine our behavior. Then we're in a position where we can do something about the mind and we start to transcend the mind. We rise above it and we drop it. We let it go! And when we do that we find ourselves this pure, infinite, limitless, totally free Being that we naturally are. And then happiness is complete.

The direction is to go within, seeking and meditating to quiet the mind enough so that we can see the infinite Being that we are. The major steps are first, becoming aware of the fact that we are master over matter (and matter includes the body). Then, the second major step is becoming master over mind. And when we become really masterful over mind we are able to and we do let go of mind and operate in the realm of omniscience, in the realm of knowingness. Then we are fully aware of' the infinite Being that we are, and are in the ultimate Happiness.

We should start with the first step, consciously controlling matter. Whether we are aware of it or not, everyone is controlling matter all the time. Whether one wants to be a demonstrator or not, he is. It is impossible to not be a creator all the time. Everyone is creating every day. We are not aware of it because we just don't look at it. We have demonstrated or created everything we have! Every thought, every single thought, materializes in the physical world. It's impossible to have a thought that will not materialize (except that we reverse it). If we think the opposite right after we have a thought, with equal strength, we neutralize it. But any thought not reversed or neutralized will materialize in the future, if not immediately.

So this thing of demonstration that we are all trying so hard to accomplish, we are doing all the time, unconscious of the fact that we're doing it. All we need to do is to consciously direct it, and that we call demonstration. Everything that everyone has in life is a demonstration. It couldn't come into our experience had we not had a thought of it at sometime prior.

If you want to know what your sum total thinkingness is, look around you. It has determined exactly what you now have. It is your demonstration! If you like it, you may hold it. If you don't, start changing your thinking. Concentrate it in the direction that you really want, until those thoughts become dominant over the subconscious thoughts. And when you begin to consciously demonstrate small things, you may then realize that the only reason why they are small is because you don't dare to think big. The exact same rule, or principle, that applies to demonstrating a penny, applies to demonstrating a million dollars. The mind sets the size. Anyone who can demonstrate a dollar can demonstrate a million dollars! Become aware of the way you are demonstrating a one-dollar bill and just increase it next time to a much larger amount. Take on the consciousness of the million, rather than the one-dollar bill.

The material world is just an out - projecting of our minds into what we call the world and bodies. And when we realize that it is just an out-projecting of our minds, just a picture out there that we have created, we can very easily change it, even instantly, by changing our thought!

So, to repeat, everyone is demonstrating, creating; every moment what he or she is thinking. You have no choice. You are a creator, so long as you have a mind and think.

Now, to get beyond creation, we must go beyond the mind. Just beyond the mind is the realm of perfection where there is no need for creating. There is a higher state than creation, it's the state of beingness, sometimes called awareness or consciousness. That state is just behind the mind. That's beyond creation.

The mind finds it very difficult to imagine what it's like beyond creation, because the mind is involved constantly in creating. It's the creating instrument of the universe and everything that happens in the world. So, if you take this thing called mind, which instrument is only a creator, and try to imagine what it is like beyond creation, it's impossible. The mind will never know God or your. Self, because you have to go just above the mind to know God, your Self.

To know the infinite Being that you are, to know what it's like beyond creation, transcend the mind. The final state is beyond creation. It is the changeless state. In creation everything is constantly changing, and therefore the ultimate Truth cannot be there.

So, to demonstrate what one wants, one needs to become aware of the fact that all we need to do is to think only of the things that we do want and that is all that we would get, if we would do just that. Only think of the things you want and that's what you'll be getting all the time, because the mind is only creative. Simple, isn't it?

Also, take credit for creating all the things that you don't like. Just say. Look what I did. Because when you become aware that you've created things that you dont like, you're in the position of creator, and if you don't like it, all you have to do is to reverse it and then you'll like it.

After you can master matter by consciously creating that which you want, then master your mind and get beyond it.

Any questions?

Q: No, but I think you did a good job of laying it out like that. I could almost understand everything you said.

Q: The most perfect explanation yet!

Q: Am I to assume that everything that I see and meet during the day has been created by subconscious thoughts?

Lester: Yes. The difficult thing is the unconscious thinking. Every unconscious thought is active whether we are aware of it or not.

Q: So, if I have a habit of having someone who doesn't pay rent, this is a subconscious thought that was put there by parents or someone before.

Lester: No, put there before by you, it's your thought.

Q: All right. It's best to look at it and say, Where did this habitual thought come from? By looking at it, I can see where it came from and erase it from my consciousness and erase that particular habit of thought, can't I?

Lester: Yes. Putting it a little better, rather than see where it came from, see that it's been in you. Then you see how silly it is to have this thought working against you and you automatically drop it.

Q: I wish I would. I just don't automatically drop it.

Lester: No, you do. There isn't just one thought on each subject, there are millions. I don't like to say this, but there are millions that you've acquired over many millions of years.

Q: If I have a habit of having something reoccur in my life, let us say a delay in getting things done, which is quite common in my business, is this purely my consciousness?

Lester: Yes.

Q: And its nonsense to say this is the way real estate people operate isn't it? I've got to look at my consciousness and if I say this is nonsense because it's my thinking, I can eliminate this type of delay.

Lester: Yes. It's possible.

Q: How does one eliminate reoccurring conditions in one's life?

Lester: By constantly working to undo it. Looking for the subconscious thoughts that are causing it and dropping them.

Q: It's my thoughts; I don't look at anything but my own thinking.

Lester: Yes. Now there's another way, a better way. If you can't pull up the subconscious thoughts, you can now put in a conscious thought with strong will, - so strongly that it overrides all the prior unconscious thoughts. This is possible. This is called using will power. You can will it. And if you will it strong enough, it'll override all the subconscious thoughts. When you're feeling high, that's when you have your greatest will. Just will it to be the way you want it to be. The mechanism is: You put in a thought with so much power behind it that it's more powerful than all the former subconscious thoughts put together.

Q: A man died last night and he left $25,000,000! And the man next door had nothing. He died and went to heaven.

Lester: It's easier to get to heaven when you dont have $25,000,000 holding you here.

Q: It's easier to go, if you don't have $25,000,000.

Lester: That's right. He's attached to that twenty-five. Re's trying to hold onto it right now, even though he is dead. And when he tries to pick it up, his astral hands go right through it and he's in trouble. It holds him back, whereas a man who didn't have anything will just go off into higher, freer realms.

Q: You mean now that he has so-called died, he can still be attached to his money?

Lester: Oh sure! What he was the moment before he died, he is the moment after, except for the fact that he has let go of the dense body. The physical body is an exact copy of the astral body. And when you step out of the physical body, it feels the same to you and you try to do the things that you were doing just before in the physical body, if you have attachments to the physical world. If you don't have attachments, you adapt much easier to the freer way of life in the astral body.

Q: I like your explanation of creation.

Lester: For the intellectuals, there are schools that argue this way: Is creation gradual or is it instantaneous?

Q: It's gradual because

Lester: What makes it gradual? The mind, by saying it's gradual.

Q: True.

Lester: And if you keep thinking on it, you'll discover that creation is instantaneous.

Q: Sure it's instantaneous, but it appears differently.

Lester: And the instantaneity, - the instant also has the concept of time in it. That's just something I'm throwing out for you to work on, if you want to.

Q: An instant, you're confining it to a certain amount of time; you are limiting it.

Lester: I'll give you a clue to it. You went to sleep and you had a dream and you dreamed that you were born into a little infant body and you went through one year, two years, three years, into youth, middle age and old age, all the way up to ninety years. And it took ninety years to get up to that old body. It was a long, long time, right? Ninety years? Until you woke up and then realized it was a dream and it might have taken a second or two. The dream lasted a few seconds and in that time you went through a ninety-year period! And it seemed like ninety years while you were in the dream. It wasn't until you woke up that you realized it was only a few seconds. Some day you'll see that creation is instantaneous, with the mental concept of time in it.

Q: How do you equate our effort, trying to create that which we might desire with the statements: Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all good things will be added unto you. and Think not of what you shall eat and where you shall sleep?

Lester: Well, it fits in. Seek ye first the kingdom of God, -God is the essence of our very beingness. If we seek that and discover it, we find the secret of everything. So, seek ye first the kingdom of God, go within, discover who and what you are; then you have the secret to everything, not only to creating but to everything. But you see, that's been part of several years of what we have been going through as a group: how to go within and discover this infinite Being that we are, which is the God part of us. And when this infinite Being is discovered, everything is known, how to create, and more than that, how to uncreate. And still more important, how to get beyond creating and uncreating, which is the ultimate state. Then you will not think of what you shall eat and where you shall sleep. Did I connect it for you?

Q: Until you reach the higher state, I wonder if it isn't possible to get caught up in still trying to create before you become aware of the higher state?

Lester: Yes, I say that you are caught up in trying to create. You now have no choice whether to be a creator, you are that all the time. You should now consciously create only the things you want and stop creating the things you don't want. One of the grossest errors we make is to try to create in the future: I will have this. I will get that, and when we do that, it keeps it in the future all the time, thereby keeping it a way. This is the greatest stumbling block for most people. When you create something, it has to be seen in present time, in its is-ness, now. It is mine, now!

Q: Well, even if I can't believe that I may be going to have something, at least I can believe that the thought is mine, so, if I build on The thought is mine, this gives me more foundation.

Lester: Yes. Discover who the thinker is.

Q: What happens when you reach the desireless state?

Lester: Well, what is desire? Desire comes from thinking we are not the All. When you reach the desireless state, you see yourself as the All, as the sum total, and there's no more need, there's no more lack, everything is you. It's not 'yours, you are it!

Q: So, it's really a state of seek ye first the kingdom of God and all this shall be added unto you.

Lester: Everything, every last atom in the universe. Please note that most of your questions have been on havingness, the havingness of things. This indicates what you think happiness is. However, you will discover that should you obtain all the things you desire, you would still find yourself unhappy.

You must go beyond the havingness state and reach the beingness realm where you only are. There you know that you lack nothing and that you are the infinite All. There lies the ultimate joy which is a deep and a most profound Peace, the ultimate Satiation!

This Session was recorded in Los Angeles. February 10. 1966.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注 册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|喜悦家园 ( 京ICP备12029068号-1   对不起,请原谅,谢谢你,我爱你。点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 06:00 , Processed in 0.076736 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.