只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,用微信登录

搜索
查看: 6767|回复: 0

[资料方法] 《终极自由之路》30.成长与涵容

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-22 13:45:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
翻译:小粒子儿大天体

Happiness per se is not necessarily' an indication, of one's state of realization. Aborigines and natives are as happy as we are, and sometimes more so. We who are supposed to be at the upper end of civilization, as a whole, might not be as happy as they are. Their enjoying is mostly through the physical senses. Our enjoying is more through the mind and hence we are capable of more joy. However, because this allows more joy it, therefore allows more misery.
幸福未必能证明一个人是否开悟。土著人和原住民同我们一样幸福,有时甚至比我们更幸福。我们自称高级文明,但却未必比他们幸福。他们更多通过身体感官来享受,而我们的享受则更多来自心智层面,因此我们更有能力幸福,但同时,也更容易痛苦。

Many of us think that the things we do that give us a state of happiness are giving us spiritual growth and therefore are the right things to do. This could be true and it could also be false. The happiness we get from a new realization is definitely growth. We are delighted in the new revelation because we have become a little freer and therefore permanently a little happier. However, the happiness we get from avoiding or escaping unpleasantries is not growth. Rather than furthering our growth, it keeps us bound to the unpleasantries we are avoiding. Until they are faced, looked at, and dropped, they will remain in our subconscious and emerge from time to time until we finally drop them. Therefore, in order to be undone, they must be faced and not avoided. Then no escape is necessary.
我们很多人认为我们所做的有助于幸福的事能够让我们获得灵性上的成长,因此我们所做的是正确的事。这或许是真的,也可能未必如此。通过一个新的领悟而来的幸福才是真正的成长。我们因为新的启示而欢喜,是因为我们变得更自由了些。然而,通过逃避不愉快而来的幸福并非成长,相反地,它只会把我们同我们所避之不及的不愉快捆在一起。直到我们能面对它们,释放它们,否则它们只会继续停留在我们的潜意识里,并且时不时地出来捣乱一下。因此,为了摆脱它们,我们必须直面它们,而非继续逃避。

However, it's really true that the greater our growth the happier we are. We gain an accumulative total happiness that doesn't vary from day to day. It is freedom from the constant nagging of our compulsive subconscious thoughts; it's a sense of well beingness; it's a sense of security; it's a sense of peace. Even when things are outwardly being expressed against us, when the world seems to turn against us, we still feel a greater peace with in than we did before.
但有一点是真的,那就是我们越成长就越幸福。我们通过成长而累积的幸福不会发生变化。它是通过脱离潜意识念头的不断干扰而来的自由,是一种幸福感、安全感、宁静感。即使受到外界的攻击,即使全世界都反对我们,我们的内在也依然平静。

It's that inner state that should be used as a measure of growth. A miserable person can, for the time being, for the moment, be laughing happily. But you cannot use that as an indication of that person's constant state of freedom. How can we tell a person's state of freedom or happiness? By checking when everything is against one. Use this as a method for checking yourself. When things go wrong in the world then check your state of happiness.
这种内在的状态才应该作为衡量成长的标尺。一个痛苦的人可能暂时可以开怀大笑,但你却不能以此来证明那个人拥有持久的自由。我们如何才能辨明一个人自由或幸福的状态呢?看看当一切都反对他时,他是何种反应。将此作为检查你自己的工具。当一切都跟你唱反调时,看看你是否依然感到幸福。

Q: Aren't we inclined to be almost irritated when we see someone else who is happier than we? Maybe it's a little jealousy?
问:当我们看到别人比我们更幸福时,我们往往会很不爽,不都这样吗?或许这是忌妒?

Lester: Yes, it is called jealousy and when we see one who's happier than we are. we don't like it. Sometimes we attack that one indirectly. even if that one is our mate.
答:是的,这被称为忌妒,我们不喜欢看到别人比我们更幸福。有时我们甚至会间接地攻击那个人,即使那个人是我们的伴侣。

This goes on between couples as they grow. When one moves ahead, the other unconsciously resents it, does things to try to undermine the first one. It's motivated subconsciously but sometimes it does become conscious and even when its conscious, we sometimes don't understand why we're doing it. The reason is that whenever two people get together, the higher one automatically tries to lift the lower one up a bit and the lower one tries to bring the higher one down a bit; they move toward each other. This is an unconscious behavior that goes on whenever two beings meet.
随着成长,这种情况在伴侣间会持续下去。当其中一个人往上走,另一个会无意识地感到愤怒,会做一些事来破坏对方。它是由潜意识驱动的,但有时会变成故意那么做,即使它是显意识的,我们有时也会不理解自己为何那样。原因是两个人在一起不管多久,稍微高一点的那个会自动地去拉低一点的那个,而低一点的那个则会把高一点的那个往下拽一点,他们向彼此靠拢。这是一种无意识行为,不管两个人在一起多久,这种情况都会一直发生。

To come back to what I was saying before, the stability of one's peace is the best measuring stick for one's growth; peace under circumstances not ideal. peace under circumstances in which the individual is being tried. If you maintain your peace while everything out there is going against you, then you really have it. This peace that I'm talking about is the real happiness and can be measured by its imperturbability. If a person cannot be disturbed in his peace, he's got it! He has let go of much ego, because only the ego can be disturbed; the Self of us can never be disturbed. And when we abide as our Self, we allow the whole world to be as it is.
回到我之前说的,一个人的平静状态是否稳定,是衡量一个人的最佳标尺,哪怕身处不理想、受到挑战的环境中。即使外在的一切都对你不利,你也依然平静,那么你就是真的拥有了平静。我所说的这种平静才是真正的幸福。如果一个人的平静不受搅扰,那么他就真的拥有了平静。他已经释放了很多小我,因为只有小我才会受到干扰,我们的真我则永远都不会。当我们处在真我中,我们会允许世界如是呈现。

If you want to know your state, check yourself under adverse conditions. Measure your growth by the bottoms, not by the tops. You'll find that your growth goes in cycles, up and down, but that the bottoms keep rising. You should get to the place where the bottom is happiness, and that makes the top even higher, a state of serenity, tranquility, bliss, - all with a deep imperturbable peace.
如果你想知道你处在何种状态,看看自己在逆境中的表现。通过低谷来衡量自己,而非通过高峰。你会发现你的成长呈周期性,有高峰有低谷,但却是震荡上升,每一个低谷都高于前一个低谷。你的目标应该是连低谷时你都是幸福的,那样的话高峰就不用说了,那是一种宁静、祥和、极乐的状态。

Q: Where is this bliss, joy, and peace felt?
问:哪里才会有这样的极乐与宁静?

Lester: People feel it in different places. Actually it's at the very center of your beingness, wherever that center be. This is the first time this series that the group has reached the state of spill-over joy. During each series of the past we had gone from a low point at the start, to a very high point at the end.
答:人们在不同的地方感受到它,实际上它就在你存在的中心,不管这个中心在哪里。这是我们团体第一次在这个周期到达狂喜的状态。在过去的每个周期里,我们从一个低点开始,最后到达一个很高的点。

Q: Do you know why?
问:你知道为什么是这样吗?

Lester: Yes. This is something I'd like to explain to you. Why go down? We're supposed to be intelligent people; we know the way; why go down? Somewhat stupid when you know how to be high and happy the way you feel now; in fact, it's stupid not to be the way you are now all the time.
答:是的,我想解释给你听。为什么会下行呢?我们本是聪明的人,我们知道怎么走,为什么还会下行呢?当你知道如何才能获得你现在感受到的幸福,但却不能一直做到是显得有些蠢。

The reason why you go down after I leave you is that you have not undone enough of your unconscious thoughts. I direct you toward the infinite being that you are. As you see it, you undo the contrary thoughts and feel freer and higher. After I leave, The remaining unconscious thoughts of limitation re-emerge, take over, run you, and you feel lower.
之所以当我离开时你会下行,是因为你还没有释放足够的无意识念头。我指给你通往你所是的无限存在的道路。当你看到它时,你释放了与之相反的念头,并感到更自由更快乐。在我离开后,潜意识中残余的限制性念头会再次出现,再次掌控你,而你会因此感到低落。

What is necessary is that you continue to eliminate the unconscious thoughts until there are no more, until you are totally free. Only then will you be satisfied.
你要做的是继续释放无意识念头,直到它们完全消失,直到你彻底自由。只有到那时,你才会感到圆满。

I'm pointing up now, what you need to do to further your growth. The intellect is excellent for growing and is necessary at the beginning; it sets you in the right direction; it takes you forward. Then you reach a place where it can take you no further. So, what do you do? Do you stop at the top of the intellect, or do you go on? I'm saying let's go on! This doesn't mean let go of your intellect, forget it, or suppress it. No, I'm saying go beyond it. I'm suggesting another giant step forward.
我现在向你指出,你需要做的是进一步成长。智力有助于成长,并且在一开始是必要的,它让你走上正确的道路,让你向前挺近。当你到达智力再也无法帮助你的阶段时,你怎么做呢?你是在智力的顶端打住,还是继续前行呢?我会说继续前行!这并不意味着要放弃你的智力,忘掉它,或是抑制它,而是要超越它。我会建议你继续向前迈一大步。

I'm trying to get you to see what this next step is, by first telling you what it is not. It is not intellectual. Intellectually there's nothing more I can give you. What is it? It is becoming a ware of your Self by actually experiencing your Self. I could lead you much higher than we've ever gone before if you would draw it out of me. This would help you to experience a higher state than you have ever known before. Then the experience would be your knowledge, and after you experience it, it would leave you with a stronger desire for freedom, a stronger incentive to move faster toward the Goal.
我想让你看到下一步是什么,首先我要告诉你下一步不是什么。下一步不是智性的。智力上我已经给不了你什么。那么下一步是什么呢?那就是通过真切地感受你的真我,来了知你的真我。如果你能从我这儿掏出什么,我会把你引到你从未去过的更高的地方。这有助于你体验到你从未知晓的更高境界。那时那个体验就会成为你的真知,并且在你体验到它之后,它会让你对自由的渴望更强烈,对终极目标的渴望更强烈。

Now, I don't want to talk in riddles or intangibles. What is it that will draw out more than the intellect has drawn out so far? It's your state of receptivity. It determines the amount of the Power that flows into you. Stated another way, it is letting go of your reservations. As you become more receptive, more of the power flows through me into you and lifts you to the place where you experience your Self. I, Lester:, do not do it; it flows through me to the degree that you receive it. It can help lift you to a higher state, and by experiencing that state, you definitely know it. You better know that "Thou art That."
我不想故作高深。除了智力,还能掏出什么呢?那取决于你的涵容度,正是你的涵容度决定流入你的力量能有多少。换句话说,也就是释放你保留的东西。随着你越来越能涵容,会有更多的力量通过我流入你,它会将你提升到你能经验真我的境地。我,莱斯特,无法帮你做到,因为它只是流经我,进入你则取决于你能接受它的程度。它能将你提升到更高的境界,体验那个境界会让你知晓那是怎样的境界。你最好知道“你是那(引用自《圣经》)”。

Q: How do we do that?
问:我们怎样才能做到?

Lester: Greater acceptance of the direction coming through me, and of the fact that happiness really lies within you and not without. The direction up to now has been to quiet the mind by looking at and letting go of subconscious thoughts. As you let go of these thoughts, you become freer, your mind is quieter, your real Self is less obscure and you Ire more able to be the real Self that you are. Also, the more you have this experience, the more you are capable of being drawn into your Self by the Power flowing through me into you. This could go on to the Ultimate.
答:更能接受通过我而来的指引,更能接受幸福在你之内而非你之外的事实。到目前为止,那个指引都是教你通过查看并释放潜意识念头来让头脑安静。随着你释放掉这些念头,你变得更自由,你的头脑更安静,你的真我更清晰,你也更有能力回归你所是的真我。另外,你在这方面的体验越多,你就越能被通过我流入你的力量吸入你的真我。它会将你带到终极之境。

You have quieted the mind to quite some degree; there is much more to be done. That I s why I asked last time, "Who can sit down and immediately quiet his mind and have no thoughts come in?" If you can do that, you're a Master. To the degree you can quiet your mind, to that degree you are a Master. But everyone is quieter now than they were. Our next step is to get even quieter. And I say we Ire not going to get it through intellectualism any more, through bandying words up and back; we're going to get it through a method that directly helps you experience the quietude of your Self.
你让你的头脑安静,已经做到了某种程度,你需要做得更多。这就是为什么上次我问你们“谁能做到一坐下来就立即让头脑安静,并且没有一个念头进入”。如果你能做到这点,你就是大师。但的确每个人都比以前更安静了。我们的下一步是让头脑更加安静,并且不再通过理智主义,而是通过让你直接经验你的真我的方法。

Q: When you quiet your mind and no thought comes in, then what happens? Is it a blank?
问:当你让你的头脑安静,并且没有一个念头进入时,会发生什么?是否一片空白?

Lester: No, it's not a blank; you have no mind to go blank! You're in the realm of All-Knowingness; you don't have to think any more; you just know everything and everything falls into line perfectly, -every moment. You operate on a feelingness, called intuition. Everyone in this room has experienced it at times. Mind is nothing but the total bundle of your thoughts; a small part conscious; the major part subconscious and held out of view. Mind is not complicated when you see what it is; it's simply the totality of thoughts.
答:不,不是空白,因为你没有头脑可以空白。你是在全知的层次,你不再需要思考,你知道一切,并且一切无时无刻不完美和谐。你在直觉层次运作。这个房间里的每个人都或多或少地经验过它。头脑只是念头的集合,一小部分的意识加上一大部分的潜意识。当你明白头脑是什么时,你会发现头脑并不复杂,它仅仅是念头的集合。

Q: Isn't it true that subconscious thoughts are thoughts that are not being thought of at the moment?
问:潜意识念头难道不是此刻尚未想起的念头么?

Lester: No, they're being thought of at the moment, but they're not consciously being thought of; they're subconsciously being thought of at the moment.
答:不,它们在此刻被想起,但不是在意识层面被想起,而是在潜意识层面。

Q: So that's the difference between conscious and subconscious thoughts?
问:所以那就是显意识念头和潜意识念头的区别?

Lester: Yes, subconscious thoughts are active right now, but we're not looking at them. Are you consciously pumping your heart? Breathing? Running that chemical digestive factory you have? Are you doing these things consciously? Well, then you're doing them subconsciously
答:是,潜意识念头此刻很活跃,但我们没有去看它们。你是有意识地让心脏不停跳动?有意识地呼吸?有意识地运作你的消化系统?不,你是在潜意识层面运作它们。

Q: I didnt have that in mind exactly.
问:我完全想象不出来。

Lester: I know, but I want to show you how all the thoughts on the body, even though you're not conscious of them, are active right now and there are many, many thoughts connected with running a body; there's a lot of action going on there. They're active right now ~ even though we're not conscious of them.
答:我知道,不过我想告诉你,即使你没有意识到这些有关身体的念头,它们此刻也依然是活跃的。有关运作身体的念头有很多很多,因此也有很多活动在那进行着。即使我们没有意识到它们,它们此刻也依然是活跃的。

Q: That's automated; that's what I call automation.
问:那是自动的,我称它为自动化。

Lester: Right. But who is now running the automated action? We are. It was originally useful in that we didnt have to consciously operate the body. Then we lost sight of the fact that we threw this onto automatic; and therefore it is now running us. It's difficult to change it because we have made it unconscious. As we become aware, we see this and then we change it. We become free of it; we reestablish our control over the body.
答:对。但是是谁在此刻运作这些自发的活动呢?是我们。我们不必有意识地运作身体,这在最初对我们是有益的。后来我们忘记了是我们自己让身体活动变成自发的,因此现在反倒是身体在运作我们。这个事实很难改变,因为我们已经让它变成一种无意识。随着我们开始保持觉知,我们看到了这一点,这样我们就能改变它。我们从中解放出来,重新收回对身体的控制权。

Our object is to let go of unconscious thoughts, these habitual things of the past that keep us automatically bound. Every habitual thought is a bondage that takes away a certain amount of freedom, happiness. We must let go of all these old habit-thoughts until we are totally free of them. Then we are liberated, fully realized Masters.
我们的目标是释放无意识的惯性念头。每个惯性念头都是一个束缚,剥夺了一定的自由和幸福。我们必须释放这些老旧的惯性念头,直到我们从中彻底地解放出来。那样我们就是自由的完全开悟的大师。

Q: That's why some words will trigger us. If we hear a certain word, we fly into a madness, or if we hear something else, we feel good.
问:这就是为什么一些话会触动我们的原因。如果我们听到某个词,我们就会暴跳如雷,或者我们听到另外一些话,我们就会喜笑颜开。

Lester: Right! So, our object is to let go of all these subconscious thoughts. We have done a beautiful job so far, through using the thoughts, the mind. Now I'm suggesting that we move on; that we get the mind yet quieter by doing that which does it directly, that is, by experiencing your Self.
答:对!所以,我们的目标就是释放所有这些潜意识念头。到目前为止,我们在使用头脑方面做得不错。现在我建议我们继续前进,也就是通过经验你的真我,让你的头脑更安静。

It can also be done in meditation. I ought to re-define the word "meditation." When I say meditation, I mean holding one thought to the exclusion of other thoughts and that one thought should be a question. As other thoughts drop away the mind gets quiet and concentrated. When the mind is concentrated, you will experience your Self and It will answer any and every question. It will answer the questions that we need to have answered to show us the way out of the bondages.
你也可以通过冥想让头脑安静。我应该重新定义“冥想”这个词。当我说冥想时,我是指待在一个念头中,把其它念头排除在外,并且这个念头是有关一个问题的念头。随着其它念头离开,头脑变得安静而专注。当头脑专注时,你会经验到你的真我,并且真我会回答任何以及每一个问题。真我会回答我们需要知道答案的问题,会向我们展示摆脱束缚的途径。

Now, in meditation, the moment you sit down to quiet the mind, it seems to get noiser, which is natural; the thoughts come up for us to drop, to let go of. And each time we let go of one, that's one less that we have to let go of. As time goes on and we keep dropping these thoughts, we have less and less to drop. Someday the mind becomes quiet enough so that we fully see this infinite Being that we are; and then in one lump sum. we drop all that is left. And when there are no more thoughts, we are free and there is left only our infinite Self.
当你坐下来冥想,试图让头脑安静时,头脑似乎变得更为嘈杂,这是自然的。因为念头会跑来让我们放它们走。每次我们释放了一个念头,我们就少了一个念头需要释放。随着我们持续地释放这些念头,念头就越来越少。总有一天头脑会变得足够安静,那样我们就能完全地看到我们所是的无限存在。接着我们一次就释放掉所有残余的念头。当不再有任何念头时,便只剩下我们的无限真我,我们就自由了。

Q: My mind keeps getting noisier and noisier.
问:我的头脑变得越来越嘈杂。

Lester: No, it is just that you are looking more at your subconscious thoughts . You don't get more thoughts; you just become more aware of them. The unconscious thoughts that control you will come up. Every time you meditate this happens, and through practice, some day you will be able to hold one question, one thought, without other thoughts coming in. When you get that far, you are moving rapidly. When you have dropped all subconscious thoughts, then you know what God is, that your beingness is He.
答:不,那是因为你开始更多地关注你的潜意识念头。你不会拥有更多的念头,你只是变得对它们更有觉知。那些控制你的无意识念头会浮出水面。每次你冥想时都会出现这样的情况,通过持续的练习,总有一天你会变得能够专注在一个问题上,一个念头上,而将其它念头挡在门外。当你能够做到那种程度时,你就会进步得很快。当你释放了所有的潜意识念头,你就会知道上帝是什么,你的存在就是上帝。

Q: I'd like to identify the feeling in meditation. Is it similar to a feeling you get while listening to a fine piece of music?
问:我想向你确认一下冥想的感觉,它是否就像听到一曲美妙音乐时的感觉?

Lester: Yes, it is one of the nicest and quietest feelings you can have.
答:是的,它是你能感受到的最美最宁静的感觉之一。

Q: Then the process of meditation, as I'm seeing it now, has not to do at all with thoughts, but with identifying with this feeling and allowing it to expand.
问:就我目前所知道的,冥想的过程跟念头完全无关,只是对这种美妙感觉的认同,并且允许这种感觉无限延伸。

Lester: Yes! However, this nice feeling is accomplished by quieting the thoughts. Someday the meditative feeling will be far more enjoyable than the music was.
答:对!但这种美妙感是通过使念头安静来获得的。总有一天,冥想的感觉会比听音乐时的感觉要美妙得多。

Q: I feel that it would be such a tremendous welling up that you would almost explode!
问:那是一种无限膨胀的感觉,就像要爆炸了一样!

Lester: Well, you won't explode because you take it on as much as you can accept it. There is such a tremendousness in us, that if it came all at one time, we just couldn't take it.
答:你不会爆炸的,因为你是根据自己能接受的程度来接收它的。只是如果它一次来得太多,我们会有点受不了。

Q: Is meditation related to receptivity?
问:冥想是否跟涵容度有关?

Lester: Definitely yes! The better we are able to meditate, the more receptive we are and the more receptive we are, the better we can meditate. I'm stressing meditation with the hope of helping us to become more receptive. We should let go of the queer ideas we have about meditation. You don't have to be a Hindu or a yogi; you can be one hundred per cent American and be a very good meditator.
答:毫无疑问是的!我们冥想做得越好,就越能涵容;我们越能涵容,冥想就会做得越好。我之所以强调冥想,是因为我希望能够帮助我们变得更加涵容。我们应该释放那些有关冥想的古怪念头。你不一定非得是个印度人或瑜伽士,作为一个100%的美国人,你也可以成为很好的冥想者。

Meditation is simply holding one question or thought to the exclusion of all other thoughts and when that question or thought is on your beingness, that's right meditation. Before we attain good meditation, we have to work to let go of extraneous thoughts that come in while were trying to hold one question. Then that one question will be answered, whatever that question is. "What am I?" is the final question. When we get the full answer to that, we are in the ultimate state.
冥想仅仅是待在一个问题或念头里,将其它念头排除在外。当那个问题或念头是关于你的存在时,那便是正确的冥想。在我们能够很好地冥想前,我们必须在专注一个问题的同时释放不相关的念头,那样那个问题才会获得回答,而不论那个问题是什么。“我是什么”是最后一个问题。当我们获得这个问题的完整答案时,我们就处在终极之境中。

Q: Don't you automatically try to answer that when you ask yourself the question?
问:当你问你自己“你是什么”时,难道你不是自动地回答这个问题吗?

Lester: Yes you do, but your mind cannot. The mind can never give you the answer to the question "What am I?" Why? Because Realization is elimination of the mind and the mind posing the question is not going to eliminate itself. It's almost like saying, "eliminate yourself." The mind does not want to eliminate itself, therefore, when the mind poses the question "What am I?" the mind will never in all eternity, give the answer.
答:是的,是自动的,但不是头脑回答。头脑永远无法给出“我是什么”的答案。为什么?因为开悟是消除头脑,头脑能提出问题,但却无法消除它自己,那就像是在说“消除你自己”一样。头脑不想消除它自己,因此,当头脑提出“我是什么”的问题时,头脑永远都不会给出答案。

This is another reason why the intellect can take us only so far. The mind cannot give us the answer because it, itself, is in limitation, in finiteness. The answer is in infinity. The mind can pose the question "What am I?" and when the answer comes, it's from beyond the mind.. It's only by quieting the mind that you will be able to see who and what you are. The mind is the blinding cover over this infinite Self that you are.
这也是为什么智力只能带我们走这么远的原因。头脑无法给出答案,因为它自己就是在限制中,在有限中。而答案则是在无限中。头脑能提出“我是什么”的问题,而当答案出现时,它则是来自头脑之后。只有当头脑安静下来时,你才能看到你是谁以及你是什么。头脑掩盖了我们所是的无限真我。

Q: But underneath it all, I'm trying to find something to hang onto here, is it this glow, this feeling?
问:但是在这一切之下,我一直都在试图找出依附于此的某个东西,它是否就是这种光,这种感觉?

Lester: Yes. If you will examine the glow you'll discover it to be a feeling of I-ness, of beingness.
答:是。如果你审查一下那光,你会发现它就是“我”的感觉,存在的感觉。

Q: Assuming this feeling that we all get occasionally is our true being shining through, even though it's a very small part we're experiencing, this is the constant experience we should attain to, right?
问:假设我们偶尔才会得到的这种感觉是我们的真我在闪耀,即使它只是我们体验到的极小一部分,它也是我们应该获得的持久的体验,对吗?

Lester: Yes! Make it nothing but that and that is It. Then there's nothing but the experience of "I-I-I-I-I" all the time, and you are There.
答:对!就是那样。到最后就只体验到“我”,一直只体验到“我”,那就对了。

Q: Up until now. I've only had an intellectual understanding of these things and this is the first concrete experience I've had.
问:目前为止,我只能通过智力理解这些东西,这次是我第一次有这种真切的体验。

Lester: Well, that's not really so. There was always a feeling of experiencing when you got a realization.
答:不尽是如此。每当你有顿悟时,都会有这种体验感。

Q: Well, that's what I'm finding out; I've now identified with this glow, this feeling.
问:这是我目前试图发现的。现在我已经认同了这种光,这种感觉。

Lester: Yes, the glow is the experiencing and is higher than the intellect. It's simply experiencing.
答:是,这种光就是一种体验,要高于智力。它只能体验。

Q: That's the way I want it because books make it sound awfully complicated. How does that fit in with the Self Realization Fellowship teachings?
问:我就想要那样,因为书上把它描述得很复杂。它如何对应“自我了悟联谊会(SRF)”的教义呢?

Lester: SRF teachings will say the same thing from a different approach. Their approach is for the majority of seekers. Christianity is in the realm of love, devotion and surrender to God. So are the SRF teachings. Instead of working so hard to eliminate the ego, they say, "Just surrender to God." If you really surrender, it's only surrender of the ego. "Thy will, not my will" is simply surrender of the ego.
答:SRF教导的其实是一个东西,只是方法不同。他们的方法适用于大多数求道者。基督教针对的是爱、奉献以及臣服于上帝的领域,SRF的教义也是如此。他们不教导消除小我,他们教导的是“只是臣服于上帝”。如果你真的臣服,那只是小我的臣服。“你的意志,而非我的意志”仅仅是小我的臣服。

SRF directs you to quiet the mind, mainly through meditation, so that your infinite Self becomes obvious. Its main teaching is its methodology, called Kriya Yoga, an integral method that can be used by everyone.
SRF指导你主要通过冥想让头脑安静,那样你的无限真我就会显现。它的主要教义是克里亚瑜珈,一种每个人都能使用的方法。

If you understand the overall picture, you'll see that there's no disagreement. I'm trying to get you to quiet the mind, to let go of the mind. Their teaching will end up doing the very same thing. And it's a good balance to have our intellectual, wisdom way and their devotional, love and surrender aspect. However, you cant really have one without the other. So approaching it from both sides is beneficial. And we should use every aid possible. We need it; we’re in an earth period that is extremely low. We're having opposition going on all day as long as we associate with the world, and therefore any aid that is helpful should be used.
如果你能看到全部画面,你会发现没有分歧存在。我教你让头脑安静,要释放头脑。他们的教义本质也是如此。如果能将我们思维和智慧的方面同他们奉献、爱和臣服的方面相结合,会是个很好的平衡。但你不能只拥有其一。所以,要从两边靠拢,那才是对我们有益的。我们应该利用每一种可能的帮助,我们需要帮助,因为我们正处在一个低谷期。只要我们还与这个世界有联系,我们就会一直受到挑战,所以我们应该利用任何一种有益的帮助。

When it comes to aids, there is no greater aid than the actual, wonderfully exhilarating experience of being your Self. Be more receptive, - surrender your little self and allow the Power of your real Self to flow until It, the Power, is the only power flowing through you. Glory in that Power! Remain in that Power! Remain and abide as your infinite, glorious Self!
没有任何一种帮助能够比得上真切地体验你的真我所带来的帮助。变得更涵容吧——让你的小我臣服,允许你真我的力量注入你,直到那力量成为唯一流经你的力量。那力量的光啊!持住那力量吧!待在你那无限而闪耀的真我中吧!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注 册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|喜悦家园 ( 京ICP备12029068号-1   对不起,请原谅,谢谢你,我爱你。点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 17:40 , Processed in 0.079692 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.